So it is sort of hard to describe this one, but, you just sort of have to follow along to see how stuff developed today, starting with checking out an alleged quotation from Clement of Rome in my debate with Leighton Flowers from 2015 which led to other discoveries and conclusions. We also looked at some words from Clement regarding the salvation of the “number of the elect,” a phrase you probably don’t hear at too many “provisionist” churches (but you hear regularly in Reformed churches). I also refuted the list of objections Flowers posted to our being careful, and thorough, in dealing with church history and its abuse by those promoting “provisionism.” Tomorrow we will look at the date of the crucifixion, and the relationship of the resurrection to justification.
- A Surprise Dividing Line! John 6:44-45, John 6:65: Exegesis and Application
- Four Open Phone Calls, A Bit on Thinking Clearly About Numbers, Digging into More from Wilson’s Dissertation
- Bart Ehrman Stuff, then Valentinian Gnosticism
- Lightfoot in Chicago Then A Helpful Introduction to the Gnostic Creation Myth
- Four Open Phone Calls, Leighton Flowers Says I Only Use “Biased” Sources