Went over why I responded so negatively to the idea of churches accepting federal funding from the recent CARES funny-money “stimulus” at the start of the program. Talked a little about giving my grandkids a “sun show” today using my Meade solar telescope, then moved back into fundamentals of scholarly examination of historical materials, this time looking at a section where I clearly disagree with Augustine, and yet his original context still must be represented accurately. 90 minutes.
- A Surprise Dividing Line! John 6:44-45, John 6:65: Exegesis and Application
- Discussing Ken Wilson’s Work, Part 9 – Breaking The Silence of Augustine
- Four Open Phone Calls, A Bit on Thinking Clearly About Numbers, Digging into More from Wilson’s Dissertation
- Bart Ehrman Stuff, then Valentinian Gnosticism
- Discussing Ken Wilson’s Work, Part 8 – Council of Carthage